October 14, 2010

Two of My Favorite Things

The Naked and Famous is a new band out of New Zealand.  I first heard of them from a single they released called "Young Blood."  It's not my typical style of music.  It's more punk/pop rock.  Sometimes you just have to give into some guilty pleasures.  Although, these guys are a bit more than a guilty pleasure.  They just released  Passive Me Aggressive You.  The album is pretty damn good.  I could see these guys getting some play on some TV networks or commercials.  They have comparisons to The XX or Stars (with their guy/girl duet style singing) but with a much harder, eighties edge.  I thought about these guys when pondering this weeks album of the week, but thought they may be a little too rough around the edges still.  In any case, here are some good tracks from their new album, as well as a great remix of "Young Blood,"  featuring Chiddy Bang.  I personally enjoy the Eighties-ish "Punching In a Dream" and obviously "Young Blood."

The Naked and Famous by Tills

No comments:

Post a Comment