October 11, 2010

Is that a cover song in your jeans, or...?

Over the summer, Levi's put together a little thing called the "Pioneer Sessions."  I assume, in reference to how their clothing line, and jeans in particular, were the pioneers of american clothing. In these sessions, they invited bands to come in and remake classic songs from various decades. The bands covered songs from all types of artists; from Otis Redding to Smashing Pumpkins.  I have a few favorites that I have shared with you.  The best one, in my opinion, is The Shins cover of "Goodbye Girl."  Although, Ryan Bingham's take on "That's How Strong My Love Is," may be just as good (but that's probably because that Otis Redding song may be one of my favorite songs of all time).  Take a listen to these covers.  If you want to hear all of the "Pioneer Sessions," just click the link above.

Levi's Pioneer Sessions by Tills

No comments:

Post a Comment