October 3, 2010

Album of the Week

Photobucket
A friend of mine sent me a track last week by Dave Sitek called "Absence of Light."  I fell in love instantly, not only because it is a great song, but also because it is the closest thing to a new TV on the Radio song.  When doing a bit of research, I did not realize that Dave Sitek had released a new solo album.  I did, however, know that a new band came out called Maximum Balloon.  What I did not put together then, is that they are one in the same.  Dave's new solo project, Maximum Balloon, is this weeks album of the week.  It is a fun, artistic, one-of-a-kind album.  Clearly it is somewhat of a TV on the Radio reunion party where all of Dave's friends came to party.  If you are a fan of TV on the Radio, you will love this album.  Dave Sitek is a producing genius.  If you're not sure about the album, make it through "Absence of Light," and then reassess. Go To Album Of The Week

No comments:

Post a Comment