October 5, 2010

Chikita Violenta

A few days ago, I saw Ra Ra Riot play in New Haven, CT.  There were a couple opening bands for that show, one of them being Chikita Violenta.  I thought these guys were pretty cool.  I took a couple videos of their show, just to have.  I didn't think anything more about them, except, they have a cool sound and could be good band.  A couple nights later, in Boston, I went and saw Menomena.  I grabbed a beverage and walked to the stage.  Stepping through people, I noticed four guys just hanging out, off to one side.  I had to do a double take.  There was Chikita Violenta.  Hilarious.  I went up and had a brief conversation with them.  They were super nice, and extremely excited that I recognized them and had been to their show.  I now felt like I had to love this band.  They just seemed to be loving life, trying to make it big.  In an effort to help them out, here are the videos I took of their show, and a couple songs they have on their website.  Enjoy Chikita Violenta.


Chikita Violenta by Tills

No comments:

Post a Comment