October 26, 2010

Jose and Friends

You may have noticed that there was no album of the week this week.  That's because I didn't find one out there, or it didn't find me.  Hopefully by next week something great will come along.  I figured I would need to highlight some band though.  Although I just referenced last week as not being a good one for music, Junip is a band worth knowing about.  If you are a fan of Jose Gonzalez, you are a fan of Junip. This is one of Jose's side projects.  Instead of a focus on acoustic guitar, he employs an entire band to play with him.  Granted, this album came out a few weeks ago, it only really caught on for me recently.  I judged the album at first as not being what I knew from Jose Gonzalez.  I mean, how can you compare anything to his earlier work.  His cover of "Heartbeats," by The Knife, may be one of the best cover songs ever.  His quiet sound is not lost though. In Junip, there is just more going on in the background.  I picked a few songs worth listening to.  Of course, if you like them, make sure you check out the album. (I included "Heartbeats" just for fun).
Junip - Fields by Tills

1 comment:

  1. Been listening to this for a while and I would say "Without You" is one of the best tracks on the album. I got stuck on it. I like the way it escalates, reminds me of what is great about his older stuff mixed with the whole band playing. Nice feature dude.

    ReplyDelete