October 4, 2010

Tallest Man Crush On Earth

Now, if you are an avid follower of The Idea Lingers Lately Still, you will notice that this is my second reference to having a man crush.  Now, I'm not one to just go around loving men.  Not that there is anything wrong with that.  My point is, when I mention that I have a man crush, I'm pretty serious about it.  Not something I take lightly.  Tallest Man On Earth is my newest one (previous crushes incule Sufjan Stevens, Justin Vernon...).  In order to have one of these, the guy has to turn everything he touches to gold.  Kris Matsson does just that.  On Friday night, he had a solid gold concert at Somerville Theater, in Somerville, MA.  He played his best songs (which are all of them) on four guitars, in an old movie theater converted into a music venue.  You could even get popcorn. As I recorded the first three songs, I thought to myself, I will probably tape this whole concert, it's so good.  At that moment, I was told to shut it down by the nearest usher.  Devastated, I returned the camera to my pocket, and enjoyed an amazing night with The Tallest Man On Earth.  I hope you enjoy the videos I did get.

Tallest Man On Earth:
A Field of Birds
Burden of Tomorrow
I Won't be Found

No comments:

Post a Comment