October 13, 2010

Battle of the Three Names

Sharon Van Etten just released her album entitled Epic.  I am one for good folk/singer song-writer type.  Sharon fits right into that mold.  I heard a little from her on various blogs, but just listened to "Love More," from Epic.  Great song.  However, listening to Sharon reminded me of another folk/singer song-writer: Jessica Lea Mayfield.  Although not identical in the way they sing, they are clearly both going to battle it out in this genre for a while.  Jessica came out with one of the best albums of 2008 and one of my favorites, in With Blasphemy So Heartfelt. I expect that Jessica will release some new material in the coming year.  I truly hope she does.  Sharon is getting incredible praise for her album Epic and it's a perfect time for Jessica to bring out her best as well.  I am looking forward to these two furthering their careers.  They have the talent.  Here are a few songs from each.

Battle of the Three Names by Tills

No comments:

Post a Comment