September 29, 2010

Expectations Growing

I have been looking forward to seeing Ra Ra Riot live for a few weeks, and I finally got to check them out tuesday night.  They played a solid set at Toad's Place in New Haven, CT, which consisted of mainly new stuff off of The Orchard and a few from The Rhumb Line
Impressed?  Somewhat.  Satisfied?  Absolutely.  Overall, I loved their show.  They have a legit sound playing their stuff live.  Lead singer Wesley Miles has an amazing voice.  Kind of reminded me of better Michael Angelakos of Passion Pit, you know with out any effects or dependence on falsetto.  If you get a chance to see them, definitely do. I expect these guys to really bridge into main stream at some point.

I have to apologize, again,  for some static-y feedback in the videos.  Still working out the kinks.   I hope you enjoy what you can.

Do You Remember
Boy
Shadowcasting
You and I Know
I Can Tell
Too Dramatic

No comments:

Post a Comment