September 29, 2010

The Acorn Doesn't Fall Far...

I was hoping The Acorn's No Ghost would make my album of the week criteria, but unfortunately that is not the case.  I actually really like this band and enjoy No Ghost, but it isn't much of a step up from Glory Hope Mountain.  When that album came out, I was much more open minded as they were new and their sound was unique.  As their second album cropped up, I was much more observant as to how they had changed.  Well, they didn't.  If you liked Glory Hope Mountain you will most likely like No Ghost.  It's more of a B-Sides album, than a new LP.  I do hate to knock these guys though, as I am a fan, but as a fan I wanted more.  So, instead of album of the week, I am giving you a mini-album.  Here are some good tracks off No Ghost.  If you like, then I suggest you get both Glory Hope Mountain and No Ghost.

The Acorn - No Ghost by Tills

No comments:

Post a Comment