November 9, 2010

I Can Still Hear Them

The Phantom Band just released The Wants.  When I heard this band, I wasn't blown away.  They have a few good songs, but what intrigued me was their mix of sounds that I have heard before.  They remind me of a UK/Scottish Gomez.  A Folk/Rock band that has a few members that sing and also have moments when they just jam.  There is a definite resemblance to Twilight Sad.  This may be due to the link this band has to Glasgow.  There are also shades of People In Planes, which is an obscure band, but one that has a unique dark electronic/rock sound.  At some points I heard Wintersleep and Snow Patrol.  I guess my point is, this band has many sounds, and you should probably like one of them.  Here are a few tracks off The Wants.  I recommend "Walls," but try listening to all of the tracks, even the 8 minute "The None of One."
The Phantom Band by Tills

No comments:

Post a Comment