November 8, 2010

Album of the Week

In retrospect, I have been a little too judgie on new albums of the week.  Clearly, there have been good albums.  One's that I have at least given you samples of.  My new direction will be to share more and let you decide on whether or not the album, as a whole, is good.
For this week I am giving praise to Pepper Rabbit. A young band from California that is on track to be your new favorite opening act.  Their new album Beauregard is well crafted.  Their sound is a folk/alternative/rock.  Your typical new, indie-rock sound.  At points they remind me of Morning Benders, especially on their most touted single, "Older Brother."  I enjoy their ability to change sounds with seamless precision.  If you need to skip around when listening to this album, at least listen to the opener "Clarinet Song," and then skip down to "Older Brother" and finish the album to the end.  The back half is pretty solid.  Enjoy Beauregard.
Pepper Rabbit - Beauregard by Tills

No comments:

Post a Comment