February 22, 2011

Family Affair

Akron/Family is an inconsistent band in my book.  Their previous album, Set 'Em Wild, Set 'Em Free, was one of my favorite albums when it came out.  I dig their loud to soft, hard hitting, sometimes electronic, rock. If you have ever heard an Akron/Family album they tend to go back and forth between styles and sounds.  Their new album does not differ too much from that recipe.  The difference here is that some of it jsut doesn't amount to their previous work.  That being said, some tracks do stand out.  Here is what I gathered from S/T II: The Cosmic Birth And Journey Of Shinju TNT (yes, that is the album title). My go to song at this point is "So It Goes." Also enjoy "Another Sky."
Akron/Family - So It Goes

Akron/Family - Another Sky by FBi Radio

No comments:

Post a Comment