February 7, 2011

Album of the Week

Iron & Wine's newest album , Kiss Each Other Clean, tops this weeks album selections.  I debated whether or not this should be a full on album of the week or just a regular feature.  After the third listen through the album, it made sense to give it its due.  Kiss Each Other Clean gives you what you love about Iron & Wine, specifically Sam Beam's smooth vocals, and mixing in everything good about folk rock.  The band brings forward this bluesy, funk folk.  It's something that I first pulled away from, but like I stated, after a few listens, it really grew on me. I would guess it will grow on you too.  You can find some tracks out there, but I'm diggin what NPR is doing these days, letting bands perform their new albums live.  Click here to listen, watch, and download Iron & Wine play Kiss Each Other Clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment